Friday, March 13, 2009

"Who is that?", said the Cat in the Hat.....AND PAJAMAS!














I recently received something special in my mailbox, really special, and there is not one stamp in this acrylic polymer goodness that I was not IN LOVE with! I am talking about the new release from The Cats Pajamas ! If you haven't checked 'em out, I suggest you slink on over to that swanky scene and shop awhile! This first card was supposed to be for last weeks TCP tuesday challenge, but of course, I was a bit late to photograph and upload. My loss. If you haven't participated, try it sometime, it is alot of fun. I used Barely Banana Cardstock with vellum stamped with the border from SU baroque motifs. The Cat was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and color with Copics, I added a little glittah to the ribbon (after I dabbed some on my face because that is where it will end up anyway). I used some little rhinestone brads to the punched flowers for a little added interest. I am not sure whether I like them or not, but I had already punched through the flowers so it was a "go".

The second card was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black and colored with Koh-I-Nors and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I layered the "scrap" from the punched flowers over the yellow cardstock, scored the grid with my Scor-Pal and added the flowers with the "not naked" buttons that I had in my stash. I used Glassy Glaze over the jar to make it shiny and embossed the edges of the image with baby pink glitter embossing powder. The ribbon was a litte scrap that I had left over, it was just enough to added some interest to this card. I hope to get alot more fun stamping done this weekend, it is rainy and cold here in North Carolina! And to think that the first part of the week it was almost 80 degrees! Tonight it is in the 40's! Happy weekend and Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Tammy, cute cards! for this week TCP card, I really like the scoring of the paper and the GLITTER embossing! I am liking your blending technique too on that cute bunny... we both ended up using him this round; it just said Easter :)!

Alma de la Rosa said...

How awesome is this card? I love the punching out of the cardstock to reveal the paper below. Just brilliant.